Volunteer position title:
Home Energy Assistance Volunteer
York County Community Action Corporation (YCCAC)
6 Spruce St., PO Box 72
Sanford, ME 04073
Organization's mission: The mission of York County Community Action Corporation is to alleviate the effects of poverty, attack its underlying causes, and to promote the dignity and self-sufficiency of the people of York County, Maine.
- Answers telephone calls and schedules Fuel Assistance appointments
- Processes mail and other program-related documents
- Collates and reviews required documentation for Fuel Assistance applications
- Provides appropriate referrals to other departments within the agency
- Explains strategies to assist households to conserve and reduce energy consumption.
Qualities, experience & skills needed by the volunteers: High school diploma or GED preferred. General knowledge of routine office procedure. Confidentiality is a requirement of this position. Exemplary customer service skills. Ability to pay close attention to detail. Must be a team player. Training opportunities available.
Number of volunteers needed: three
When will the volunteer(s) work?: Varying shifts, but office hours are 8-5 PM.
Length of Commitment: August-May (but opportunities exist for continuation if interested)
Benefits: Computer training, LIHEAP (program) training, sense of satisfaction helping people stay warm through the cold winter months
FMI: Contact Ericka Sanborn, Volunteer Coordinator, at 459-2938 or email Ericka.email@example.com.